Thursday, February 09, 2006

You're Money and You Don't Even Know It

With the last two women that have entered my life romantically I think todays entry title sums me up. Not to drop the ego bomb or anything, but they have both been the kind of girls I always thought of as being out of my league. The problem with that mentality is I turn into a limp noodle in the initial stages unable to strategize and play it cool.

Prime example: Last night I headed up to Roja for some shrimp tacos and Adam met me up there for a beer. We're just sitting there shooting the classics shit and I'm finding myself stuck in the inevitable vortex of uncertainty and second guessing, that is inevitable during the first few weeks of dating someone. Obviously, from my previous entry you all know that there is a new interest in my life. Well, I started asking Adam stupid questions like how often should I call, and is going out more than once a week at first moving too fast? I know that I enjoy all of the time that I spend with her, but I also know that it might be too much. No, I'm not a social retard, but this crap is very delicate.

Unfortunately, there is this fine line in the initial stages of dating as far as the attention one shows the other person in the relationship. Too much attention and you come off as unstable and desperate, too little (even if you're playing hard to get) can be misinterpreted as disinterested, it's a bloody mess if you ask me. Right now my self image resembles Mike from the movie swingers. Don't get me wrong, on the outside I'm a lot smoother, but my internal dialogue is damn near an exact match. Good God, it's 9:30 in the morning and after thinking about all this crap I need a drink. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Yeah, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't, the classic vortex. If it was meant to be, it's gonna work itself out...if not, then we'll go out to LA and find the hottest 1% from every gene pool...

10:25 AM  
Blogger Mastermind said...

Damn strait man... and God's people said amen

11:12 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

oh yeah, i had a date last night...

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home