Thursday, December 01, 2005

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk, But They Do If They're Also Plastered

Being in touch with reality and having clarity in truth can be a very difficult thing to handle. Given that, it is obvious why so many people turn to the bottle to cope with their problems. If you hit the bews hard enough you can even forget who you are and reality and clarity quickly become two things long forgotten.

I just went through something really shitty and the frustrating part is that with the facts on the table it still makes no sense. I have shared the scenario with many and their outside perspectives always come up with the same conclusion which is confusion. Do I wish reality were different, of course, but the interesting thing is that while most in my position would have started drinking immediately, I have barely touched the stuff. Maybe it's because I am so dumbfounded that I desire clarity and the ability to deduce. I keep convincing myself that with enough analyzing their just might be an answer, something that alcohol would never clarify.

The amazing part is that quite honestly, while I do enjoy a good drink, forcing sobriety and coping through thought and understanding has helped me move forward more quickly than I possibly could have imagined. Good friends with a lot of support hasn't hurt either, but you have to remember that life is too short to stall out on one speed bump. Not to mention I am not a quitter who likes to sit and sulk. Like I always say roll with the punches and make the most out of what you have. Everything happens for a reason, the problem is you often don't know what that is, you just have to believe it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

goot thing we didn't drive friday night...

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home