Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It's Czechoslovakia, it's like going into Wisconsin!!

Things are tricky at times and with age I have learned to forgive and forget. In the process I have really learned to appreciate the things in life that matter the most like family and friends. When my parents got divorced and my mother began immediately conversing with a man from another country, it was infuriating. Years have gone by and now that they are married he has never been fully accepted into our family, which is somewhat sad, yet to be expected give how long my parents were married. I would not be telling the truth if I said I did not do my part to push my mother away and reject her new husband, who by the way is six years my senior. Not that I am proud of that at all, it was wrong. Now things are a little rough between them, I feel because they rushed into things without really getting to know each other, but who knows.

The thing about it is, I really care about my mom and our family has been through enough in the last few years and I hate to see her sad. Not to mention I am far from anxious to start supporting one of my own parents emotionally again, that is a role no child should ever take on. I guess feeling this way I know that I am a good son and have come full circle from wanting her to be miserable to wanting nothing more than for her to be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home