Tuesday, December 20, 2005

All Those Things I Can Do, All Those Powers, And I Couldn't Even Save Him

Well, what an interesting weekend to say the least. An old friend, I haven't seen in years was in town. We hung out drank some beer and after awhile I said tootaloo and proceeded to get wasted on my own. If I would have known that was my only opportunity to see him all weekend I probably would not have left in such haste, but oh well. I think I stopped into 8 bars that night spanning from the Old Market to 156th and Maple.

On Saturday night, I watched an interesting movie to say the least called Somewhere In Time, which thankfully was made better by yes, more alcohol. And then on Sunday as usual I didn't do shit.

Last night I had a movie date with my mom. We saw The Chronicles of Narnia, somewhat of a junior movie, but it was good regardless.

On a completely separate note, I have been getting my ass kicked in the gym lately. Please understand I don't mean some neckless flamer in skin tight pokodot pants is jamming me into a locker or worse. With the guidance of a trainer and his specified workout plan most of the ass kicking has been self inflicted. I just joined Gold's Gym and as part of my new membership I get a free personal trainer. After a few meetings with him, we established a workout to help me meet my fitness goals. I think the last time I did a workout that lasted over an hour where my heart rate remained at 160bpm the whole time was in high school swimming. I can't complain though, my belt fits tighter, my jeans are looser and I'm gaining weight. Six pounds so far. For you clueless individuals out there who may be thinking that I just contradicted myself, getting slimmer in the waist while gaining wait is called building lean muscle mass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home