Tuesday, September 13, 2005

If you want something bigger I could inflate the couch


So my mother in her infinite wisdom had asked that I install a new ceiling fan this weekend, which is not necessarily a simple job unless you are an electrician or have significant experience. Needless to say I managed to take off the old one without electrocuting myself, but decided to wait on the new one until she returned to make sure it was set at the right height etc.. Well, yesterday, she decided to do it herself and after major frustration, trial, and error, she got it wired and installed herself. Bravo. The problem with that was my mom had new carpet laid yesterday and the reason for installing the fan in a hurry was to give the carpet guys sufficient light to work with. Now that would be fine if my mom's final task would not have been to paint the ceiling.

Now, I think of myself as a logical individual and this is not logical. Nature has a natural order to things and so does common sense...this is neither. The correct, most efficient and quickest way to do all this would be to remove the old ceiling fan and before carpet is laid paint the ceiling. That way there are no obstacles to paint around and no worries about dripping paint on the sub floor. OK I am done bitching for the day I got it done and she's happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Logic I cannot give you, but when you die, you will receive eternal consciousness.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home